Saturday, June 5, 2021

Rock Garden

The whole idea behind putting a renewed focus on the rock garden area was to have something pretty to look at from the house. It's working! I swear, every time I look out there it just makes me happy!

The green grass on the right was seeded in about 10 days prior to the area on the left. 


The sunflowers seem to grow noticeably every day!

Mexican Feather Grass, Hardy Ice Plant,
'Moonshine' Yarrow, spineless prickly pear

Red Yucca in the foreground, rosemary and
Mexican petunia (Ruellia) in the background


This is some kind of yellow blooming weed I dug up from another spot in my yard and transplanted into the rock garden! It suffered some transplant shock but is about to bloom again.
 

I broke up a sedum tile to plant around the path through the rock garden. I'm just crazy about it! Hopefully it will fill in all around and between these rocks.



Whenever a piece breaks off because the dogs walk on it or something, I stick it into the in-between spots...




No comments:

Post a Comment